Thursday, May 15, 2008

This makes me happy; even happier than finishing finals today (woohoo!!!!).  In my book, gay rights are civil rights.  Period.  

*Edit*

Here are some fascinating videoclips from 60 Minutes on homosexuals and studies researching what causes someone to be gay or lesbian.

I never knew that the more brothers a guy has, the more likely he is to be gay unless he's a lefty--then he only has a 2% chance of being gay, just like firstborn sons.  Don't believe me?  Watch the clip.  My only critique is they didn't give the statistics other than the firstborn son is only 2% likely to be gay.

Clip on why gay and lesbian couples want to be married.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I wonder what impact this will have on the Presidential race: will this weaken the chances of the Democratic nominee to win the presidency?

Be interesting to see how this issue will unfold in the coming months. My bet: it will push more right-leaning social conservatives out to vote, which is not good for the Democrats.