Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I'm feeling better.  Thanks for all the supportive comments.  Life really is so crazy right now, though.  It's kind of sad when you look forward for weekdays so things will calm down a touch, when normal weekday life is calmer than weekends.  But I think this may soon change.  Not to be cryptic, but you know how it goes about posting tons of info. about one's job online...

In other news, I'm still wanting something small and warm and fuzzy, and I hear that Siamese cats maybe aren't quite as bad for allergies.  Also, oddly enough, female cats don't produce quite as many allergens as male cats!  How strange!  So I'm looking for my baby girl.  I've already found a lady who has 1 week old Siamese kittens.  The mom is a lilac point and the dad is a seal point.  I would love it if the little girl is a lilac point--they're so ethereal and lovely. 

Lilac Point Siamese

Seal Point Siamese



*Note:  The video and pictures are not the actual cats I'm looking at.

Other Greatly Anticipated Activities to Do Once I Regain My Life:

10. Get a fantastic, furry, lovely pet of some kind.

11. Make all the post secrets I've been collecting for weeks and send them.

12. Spread out a blanket on the ground at a park with a dear friend, lay looking up at the clouds moving for hours, and talk about life and all its secrets.

13. Sing.

2 comments:

crackers and cheese said...

Hey Britt! I'm really glad that you're feeling better. I'm sorry that I didn't post anything encouraging on your last person. To be honest, at the time I didn't feel like such a cool person either, and sadly, reaching out to a friend wasn't on my mind. I'm sorry about that, and I'm sorry that you were having a rough weekend too. But I'm really glad that you're feeling better and hopeful, and I hope you know that anytime you're feeling down or stressed or just need to complain, I'm only a phone call away :) I love, Britt.

I'm glad that you're still considering getting a cat! I'd still be cautious about the allergy thing though. Maybe spend some time around the mom and dad, and see how you do, or get tested for allergies before you get a cat.

Also, I've never had a Siamese, but I've always heard that they are one of the most vocal cat breeds. So, keep that in mind, think about if you would want an extremely "talkative" cat, because some people find it annoying. Gracie is much more vocal than I expected, and it's cute, but sometimes it's just downright annoying. I now sleep with earplugs, haha!

Martha Elaine Belden said...

i like you, britt.
so much.

i wish i could be the friend laying on the blanket with you. and i hope you get your lovely lilac point siamese kitty :)