Friday, June 06, 2008

I want this puppy soooooo bad....


Since I found out I'm allergic to cats, I've pretty much nixed that idea and have had puppies on the brain.  It's strange, even before I knew I was allergic to cats, I kept having these recurring longings to get a puppy.  Maybe it's a sign that I'm a dog lover at heart.  Or just a novice at cats--I've never owned one, and it is a bit daunting to think of getting one, not knowing what to expect.

But this precious puppy is a tiny Chihuahua.  I think she's about 6 weeks old in this pic.  I'm seriously contemplating the idea of getting a puppy.  I like the Chihuahuas because they're so small you can take them a lot of places that normally wouldn't let you have a dog.  Like the mall.  Yes, I want to be that girl.  But I'm still trying to figure out if I will have enough time to devote to someone who fully depends on me.  I remember when my ex-roommate got a puppy last year and how stressful it was.  Not sure I'm ready to sign up for that.  Ideally, I think I would live in my own place if I got a pet, but that probably won't happen for at least a year.  But, then again, none of life will be the best case scenario, and sometimes you just have to do what will make you happy with what you have and see what happens.  Not that I'm advocating being irresponsible and getting a pet you can't care for, but I have truly researched the dog I think would be best for my current circumstances.

Wow, I have so much more to post on that is completely canine unrelated, but it shall have to wait.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

cute puppy. I like dogs, but I could never live with one: like you said, too demanding.

before you by a baby animal...rememeber this, they grow up and stop being cute.

crackers and cheese said...

This puppy is really, really cute, but to be honest, I'm not a huge fan of chihuahuas. They just seem really yappy and not very friendly, and there's the whole Paris Hilton stigma. Yes, you would be that girl if you took your chihuahua to the mall! But I'm sure there are some nice ones and they're probably very sweet to their owners. If you get a chihuahua, I will definitely support you, it just wouldn't be my first choice. What happened to your love of Italian Greyhounds?