Wednesday, July 02, 2008

ONE MORE DAY UNTIL HEAVEN.

Heaven, aka, THE CHILDLESS ZONE.  

Today was one of those days where it was all I could do to keep from screaming at someone.  For this reason, I seriously wonder whether children of my own are ever in the future.

Today is a day to dream of happy thoughts, like my whitewashed house on a cliff overlooking the sea.  It would be full of beautiful, strange, and exotic things.  I want everything in my house to have some kind of significance.  I don't want to fill it up with useless clutter (it's already starting to get that way). It might have a cat or two running around.  A lovely garden would be planted around it.  All I need to figure out is where I could get this out without paying a million for it.

Dooce posted a great video of the band MGMT's song "Time to Pretend."  While the song glorifies the fast life, it resonates with me.  The singers ask you to not judge them for the fact that they've decided to live fast and die young.  While I definitely don't want to die young, I agree that there is more to life than living in an office cubicle, and each person has to find meaning in their life.  I want to be different than everyone else.  I feel like I already am, but as I'm at a stage where I am creating significant parts of my life, I don't want to choose a path of drudgery.  I don't want to be a bum or hippie or floater, but so many paths of life that I witness being traveled by the people around me don't seem like something I would want for my own.  I guess I just don't know where to go from here with that knowledge.  

1 comment:

Rachel said...

This is what holidays are for. Kids arent all THAT great.

In three months time, though, you might feel differently.