Saturday, July 12, 2008

Final Kitty Update:

Unfortunately the other lady wants the two brown kittens (including the one I wanted). I am really disappointed, but I'm sure there's another kitty out there who will need a good home and will be just as sweet. There's a black and white one in the litter that is unclaimed, so I'm waiting on pics of him. In the past I've just really loved the brown tabby markings on the Maine Coons, but maybe I'll love this b & w kitty just as much or more, we'll see. Yesterday was just an emotional day--probably not the best day to get news like that, but oh well. I guess you just have to stay positive.

2 comments:

Martha Elaine Belden said...

i'm so sorry :( i know how hard it is to fall for a pet and then find out he/she can't be yours. just before i got chandler (i got him a year after arwen from a friend who'd found him in the street, almost starved to death) i stupidly went into a pet store just for fun (i know now i can't do this).

anyway... there was this GORGEOUS deep brown, long haired kitten with jade colored eyes. he instantly ran to the screen and started rubbing against my fingers and purring like crazy. i took him out and played with him. and then a name for him flickered through my mind (strider... perfect for two reasons: one, it's just a darn cool name for a dark, playful little kitty and two, strider is arwen's soulmate in lotr).

to this day i think about that kitty and sort of wish i could have taken him home. but in the end, i know i couldn't have dealt with three cats, and even though he's a little goofier looking and definitely not a 'strider' i'm so in love with my chandler, that i know i made the right decision.

(gosh... i sound like i'm talking about a mate or something. but i do love my kitties... and until/unless i find a mate, everyone's just gonna have to deal with me talking about my kitties as the loves of my life)

Martha Elaine Belden said...

p.s. arwen is my other cat. hence the "strider is arwen's soulmate" comment.