Monday, February 12, 2007

Threes

Three things that scare me:
having the people I love the most walk away
getting it all wrong about religion and misleading others
walking on drain grates and looking down into the mucky abyss below

Three people who make me laugh:
Shawn
my dad
Jess

Three things I hate the most:
suffering and its causes, especially if unnecessary
people sleeping around (it just makes me furious for some reason--people sell themselves short)
not feeling at peace

Three things I don't understand:
math & science (they're kind of connected)
men
why people kill each other or wish someone else ill

Three things I'm doing right now:
listening to the rain
thinking of previous events
typing this

Three things I want to do before I die:
be as compassionate as possible
adopt a deaf kid
live overseas
work in a job helping people
publish a poem, or at least write one worthy of publication
(I can't pick just 3 things!)
*Let me also take a moment to say that while it is wonderful to have big or little dreams and work toward them, it is also so important to live in the now. I never want my desire for my dreams to steal any of the joy I could experience living today.

Three things I can do:
eat ice cream every night and not get sick of it
comfort people
speak Spanish and do sign language

Three ways to describe my personality:
(hopefully) kind
introverted
resourceful

Three things I can't do:
walk on my hands
scuba dive (I'd love to learn)
the splits

Three things I think you should listen to:
"I will follow you into the dark" by Death Cab for Cutie
"What hurts the most" by Rascall Flatts (this one song converted me to country music!)
"She will be loved" by Maroon 5

Three things you should never listen to:
that derrogatory voice that lives inside us all
people who tell you to go against what you know deep inside to be right
the Mountain Goatherds (at least I think that's their name--I try to forget)

Three things I'd like to learn:
to scuba dive
how to make killer mixed drinks
progress in the things I'm already learning (how to write one mean poem, become fluent in American Sign Language, improve my Spanish, etc.)
okay, four, learn Japanese, French, or Mandarin Chinese

Three favorite foods:
ice cream. (ask Cara and she'll tell you)
black olives
seaweed salad (wakame, I think it's called)

Three beverages I drink regularly:
water. I am, in fact, a camel.
milk
margaritas and Boone's Farm (Boone's Farm being one of the few instances of cheap alcohol being worth one's time)

Three shows I watched as a kid:
Lassie
I Dream of Genie
the Wonder Years
Wishbone

4 comments:

Martha Elaine Belden said...

yay for these little survey things!

they're such fun, fast ways to get to know each other :)

thanks for playing!!

and i can't wait to read that BOOK of poetry you'll one day put forth. just don't ever let anyone tell you it's too hard. you'll do it :)

Steven said...

Hey, I remember the Wonder Years..

I also remember Fred Savage in "The Wizard." ;)

Steve~

Cara said...

1. this girl does like her ice cream.
2. ha, i had this great visual of you doing the splits.
3. mm, i want a mixed drink from britt.

crackers and cheese said...

Wow, I don't think I know anyone who can walk on his or her hands!

I can't wait for you to adopt a deaf child :) You're going to be such a great mother.