Friday, February 23, 2007

Questions people never think to ask

(I've been kind of into these cheesy questionaires lately, haha)


While driving down the road, and looking for an address, do you turn the radio down?
Yes, if it's not already off. I enjoy having the radio off more than the average person. It helps me be a little bit more still and gives me precious time to think.

Pretend you are a really good cook, what meal would you make?
Whatever was the heart's desire of the person for whom I was cooking.

What is your favorite piece of clothing in your closet?
Today it is my sexy royal blue spaghetti strap shirt from Express.

Why?
It is the most amazing color.

If you could quit your job right now, and be anything you wanted, what would it be?
Establishing schools for the deaf in places that have few or none, building a trust fund to provide scholarships to deaf children from families who can't afford to provide them with an education, and perhaps teach deaf kids, too.

What do you think of when you look at the stars?
Love. The stars seem so romantic. Also God.

When you add someone into your cell phone, do you use their real name, or their nickname?
Real name, first and last. I can't tell you how many Jessicas I know, I can't have loose ones floating around.

If you use their real name, do you add their last name?
Yep.

If you could say ONE THING to the president, what would it be?
I don't think I could find a phrase to say to him.

If you could meet ANY president, dead or not, who would it be?
Harry S Truman

Why?
I would want to ask him if he had it all to do over again if he would have dropped the atomic bombs.

If you could get rid of the holiday season, would you?
No.

Why?
It at least promotes the doing of good and helping those in need.

IF you could go to any state, which one would you go to and why?
Today, the seaside among Maines rocky cliffs dotted with white light houses. Nobody needs a why.

Would you ever get a personalized license plate?
Probably not; I'm a little cheap for that.

If yes, would would it say?
Something cool like "vidapoetica." Maybe that's too long for a license plate, but you get the pic.

If you could go back to college, what would you major in?
Deaf Education. Or maybe Sign Language Interpreting.

Before you go to sleep at night, what do you think of?
If I don't fall asleep before I start thinking, I often wonder about God and Christianity and what I really believe. Sometimes it'll be questions like, "Would I marry Shawn?" or "What do I really want to be when I grow up?" I think it's usually intense questions because during the day they sometimes are stifled.

What is your favorite kind of weather?
Sunny days make me happiest, but I do love the occasional warm, rainy day where I can sit on my porch, write poetry, and watch the wet world go by.

Do you find it a bit unnerving doctors call what they do practice?
Never thought of it that way before. No, I think I have more important realities to worry about.

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?
Naked!! (Naked sounds happier.)

3 comments:

Cara said...

glad we could talk today. love the thought of sitting on a porch watching the rain. hope you have a wonderful night and sunday.

Martha Elaine Belden said...

so fun :)

i think i'm going to fill this out, too. i don't have the capacity to write anything real right now, so this is perfect. thanks!

crackers and cheese said...

Man, I slack off on blogger for two weeks, and then Britt starts posting more than once a month! I've enjoyed catching up on your thoughts these past two weeks in just one evening!