Monday, December 01, 2008

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." ~Confucius

This quote is so empowering to me.  When in college, one often feels that she has so far to go.  Literally thousands of hours spent in white concrete boxes, wondering why you're here.  But it's good to remember there's a purpose behind all this and soon my cage door will be opened and I will be free.  

Looking back on that first step into college, I see that I'm such a different person than I was 4 1/2 years ago.  I'm not so timid, no longer religious, more in tune with myself, more easily able to express myself and my personality, better at making and being friends, infinitely happier.  Even though it has been a rough road with depression, sucky guys, no guys, disillusionment with religion and life, multiple changes in career paths, and pain from leaving dear friends, life has shown me many delights along the way as well.  I've made the most wonderful friends a girl could ask for, met a fabulous guy who has taught me so much, travelled exotic places, embraced my inner artist, let my hair down a little. And, deep inside, I know I'm such a stronger, happier, vibrant person because of it.  College has helped me find me, whoever that may be.

No comments: