Wednesday, December 10, 2008

One of my deaf ed. friends made me pretzel/hershey's kiss/m&m's today as a Christmas treat.  I'm embarrassed to say I've already eaten the whole baggie!  I usually don't eat anything all in one sitting--it is one of my HOLY RULES WHICH ALWAYS MUST BE OBEYED OR THOU SHALT BE SPANKED WITH A WET NOODLE; I don't know what came over me.  Stress makes a girl do weird things.  : s  

Shawn made dinner tonight and after we had finished eating the burritos, he informed me that the ground beef substitute was, in essence, a FUNGUS.  I don't know how something could look and taste that much like ground beef and be 85% fungus.

Lulu is getting spayed Tuesday the 23rd.  I feel really weird about it.  On some level, I feel like it is a waste and that there should be more little Lulus brightening people's lives.  And I worry how she'll hold up.  Chihuahua's don't always do so great with anesthesia.  But I know that spayed dogs generally live longer and healthier lives.  It is probably for the best.  But I feel so weird about it.  

And I really want cats.  Can someone get me a girl Siamese and a boy Maine Coon for Christmas?  If I'm not careful, I'll have a whole friggin' menagerie one day soon.  : )  Did I mention I'd love a parrot?

But life is not about getting all these things.  Although, I will admit I have an overwhelming drive to always improve my life.  Sometimes that energy can be good and brings about positive changes in my life.  But I wonder why I have this obsession with always changing things?  I partially blame Christianity for teaching that we always have to improve ourselves.  These days I strongly believe that people organically grow and change, but that it's unhealthy to think that you're broken or always need changing.  I like to think that what some people consider to be mistakes are really critical lessons along life's path.  Granted, sometimes we need to change.  If someone abuses alcohol or treats people poorly, they should probably work on changing.  But I think most people are generally good-hearted and are "perfect" in and of themselves.  We laugh and we cry and we fight and we sing; we're humanity.  Beautiful, painful, emotion-filled humanity.  There's nothing broken about being you.  

No comments: