Thursday, January 31, 2008

Today I came to an epiphany.  

Life is so much sweeter if you choose to believe that people are for you, and not against you.

Sometimes I tend to live thinking the opposite.  Call it part of my jaded middle school & high school past.

But when you expect the best of people, it's so much easier to be happy.  It's so much more fruitful when you believe the tailgater behind you must be in a big hurry for a very important reason instead of just wanting to hack you off.  

Life is so much more beautiful when you avidly search for the good in all things.

I want to be more like this.

3 comments:

crackers and cheese said...

I agree, and the tailgater is a good example. I think I'm going to try on this attitude for the day.

In Gilead, the narrator talks about how every interaction with a person, even if they're angry and mean towards you, is shaping you and important. You may not want to deal with the angry tailgater, but that is an opportunity to show love instead of hate, and therefore build your character.

Martha Elaine Belden said...

true. i like what kelly said, too.

Cara said...

Great thoughts, Britt. I agree with you completely and thank God that I have the predisposition to see the good in people and see their potential.