Sunday, January 06, 2008

After talking with my sweet friend, Abbey, this evening I realized that this break has had just enough activities interspersed at just the right intervals to keep me from coming to Ft. Worth to visit.  It is as if some mad genius planned it all.  This is how my break has gone:

School ended.  I collapsed and promptly got bored (a new feeling for me--I am rarely bored).  Should have gotten a job.

Christmas Activities quickly ensued.  All FIVE Christmas gatherings.  (Divorced parents and their significant others, even when they are not your own, do make for a busy holiday.)

I breathed for two days after Christmas, then my Aunt, Uncle, and cousins came into town.  The day before they left, my dear friend Cara who you all know and love came for a lovely visit.  The next day she left and Shawn, Shawn's family and I jumped in the car and went to visit his grandparents for their Christmas celebration, staying two days.

I breathed a few more days and then Shawn's friend Matt (for whom Shawn was one of the best men) married April yesterday in one of the most beautiful and fulfilling weddings I have yet to witness.  Of all the weddings I have seen, if pressed I think I would pick that one to be mine (different bride and groom and guests, obviously).  It was exquisite and tasteful.  Did I mention it was exquisite?

Today Shawn and some friends and I rode down to Arkansas to do some rock climbing.  It was a really good group, especially since his sister came.  The more I get to know her, the more I like her.  : )  

This coming Tuesday is Shawn's birthday.  It is all I can do to keep from giving him his presents literally weeks early, just because I can.  

Then I breathe a few more days and on the 14th, school starts!

Poor Ft. Worth got edged out this time.  : (  I've had a fabulous break, don't get me wrong.  I wish I could have squeezed in enough time to come visit.  But with the rate time is flying by, maybe the next vacation will be just around the bend...

3 comments:

Martha Elaine Belden said...

sounds like a wonderful while busy holiday month. happy birthday to shawn... and i sure hope fort worth comes soon for you.

it's time for our MIRL (meeting in real life)

HAPPY 2008!

crackers and cheese said...

Sounds like a great break! I'm also sorry you didn't make it to visit, but I definitely understand. I miss you, but like you said, time will fly until the next time we see one another! Speaking of flying, maybe you could fly instead of drive into Fort Worth next time. There are several friends who would gladly pick you up at the airport and shuttle you around :)

Cara said...

i'm glad your break was so nice, britt, and i'm glad i got to spend a wee little bit of it with you.