Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Today especially I'd love to believe that all eventually works together for ultimate good.  It makes the world feel so much friendlier.

But the world isn't always so friendly, and it's hard to believe when it seems like so much is fighting against us.

Perhaps these thoughts were provoked by the death of Heath Ledger.  

Perhaps it all simply ties to the way I've experienced the world.

Life can be so beautiful and so terrible all at once. 

Even in saying this, I feel I have no right to utter those words, because life has been so much fairer to me than countless others in this world.  

Someday I hope I understand.



2 comments:

Martha Elaine Belden said...

life is hard and then you die... my dad always used to say that. definitely not reassuring... but damn if it isn't true.

i hope you figure it out, too. but i think a lot of living life means accepting that it's hard and revelling in the good times.

Cara said...

I hope we understand someday too. Gosh, I hope we understand because it certainly doesn't make sense from where we are.