Sunday, January 13, 2008

Wow, I can't believe school starts tomorrow.  I think I'm ready.  This semester should be very interesting and fun because I get to take classes all about teaching and Deaf people.  I also am really looking forward to observing in an elementary classroom!!  Yay!

I've had quite the round of social activities in the past day or two.  Yesterday I met my wonderful & inspiring friend Kara for lunch at a local Indian restaurant.  She's one of those people you just connect with on a whole other level than most people.  You feel like you could tell her anything in the world and she would implicitly understand.  I love people like that.  I hope to be one, if not already.  She has a joy for life that I've never seen in anyone else.  We talked also about psychics, which I have a deep fascination to learn more about them at the moment.  We talked about mysticism and faith and travel (she's quite the traveler).  I wish I could spend more time with her.  I wish distance didn't separate me from many of the people I love the most.

My friend from Denmark has also been visiting.  She's a doll, and it's great taking her shopping and out to eat and watching her enjoy things here so much more than the average American.  I took her to dinner last night with Shawn and his friend, and she said she wishes she could just stay here.  Sometimes I wish things could stay just how they are in a given moment, now, and never change.

Yesterday I also went flea marketing with my grandma.  I can only take so much of looking at stations of old, cluttered, dusty things, but it's kind of exciting all the same because you never know when you'll find a treasure.  

With school starting tomorrow, I have a lot of different emotions; anything from excited, to nervous that it will be too stressful, to relieved that I'll have more to occupy my time, to sad that I won't have as much time to learn what I want to learn, to just happy.  But most of all I have this feeling that no matter what happens, this will be a good semester.  : )

1 comment:

Martha Elaine Belden said...

what a great way to start the semester. i hope it's as wonderful as you hope... more, even.