Sunday, February 10, 2008

It's odd and unexplainable, but lately I've had a near-ravenous craving for space.  From everybody.  It doesn't mean I love everybody any less, but being alone is bliss for me right now.  I fight the urge to not keep my phone turned off all day.  When people invite me to hang out, more often than not I'd rather stay in my room and read for leisure.  Usually I make myself go anyway, and end up having a pretty good time.

Like last night when Shawn's sisters and I went out to a favorite local bar to celebrate B's birthday.  I ended up having a really fun time with them, and felt so included by his sisters.  It was great.  We met up early at T's house to get ready, and everyone cooed over each other's clothes and makeup and hair, and it was such serious bonding time that I didn't have the heart to tell them that I'm usually not that girly.  A perfect example of not being all that girly is when T came over beforehand to help me pick out an outfit, and I decided on one, and she said, "Well, don't you want to bring a couple more to my house in case you change your mind?"  And I'm all, oh yeah, most girls bring multiple changes of clothes on a regular if not daily basis.  But I pride myself on my ability to make up my mind (a feat near-impossible for a woman), if only about my evening attire.   

I think I'm starting to love them.  : )

2 comments:

Martha Elaine Belden said...

awww... that's so precious. and i hear you on the alone time. i've said so much more in the last year or so of my ife... and it feels great. but when i do make myself go, i seldom regret it.

it's nice to know i'm finally pretty happy either way :)

Cara said...

I really understand that desire for alone time and to turn off the cell phone.

Britt, that's so neat that you're starting to care for them so much.