Tuesday, February 12, 2008

10 Weird Things About Me (stolen from Martha)

1. I not only played the normal kid instruments (flute and piano) but I also played the harp (and I kind of want to start it up again).  

2. I knit, even so well that people won't believe me when I say I made a particularly ornate cabled beanie cap--they think I bought it from American Eagle!  

3. I can wax poetic about the workings of the inner ear.

4. In most of my spare time, I enjoy reading books about alternative ideas like psychic phenomena, tarot, and Wicca.  

5. I obedience trained my dog, almost to obedience competition quality, at the age of 15.  I'm still very snooty about people who don't train their dogs well.  

6. My hair has been prone to change color at will.  Call me Tonks.  

7. I do visualization exercises before I go to bed and swear that they have cured me from illness.

8. A self-declared poetry nerd, I should really get around to writing again and try to submit some of my work.  I have one particularly haunting poem that perfectly reflects my religious state, and desperately desire to share it with the world through publishing.

9. I am an absolute language geek and wish I could learn every language in the world fluently.  I immensely enjoy tutoring struggling students in Spanish.

10. My life will be complete when I own the tiniest, sweetest Chihuahua that I can dress up in rhinestone-studded clothing and carry around in a purse.

4 comments:

crackers and cheese said...

3. Haha, a great pun that Rich would appreciate!

7. Ooh, I'm really curious about this. What exactly are these exercises? Did you teach yourself this, or did you learn it from someone?

8. Please post some poetry on here :) I'd love for you to get published!

crackers and cheese said...

3. Haha, a great pun that Rich would appreciate!

7. Ooh, I'm really curious about this. What exactly are these exercises? Did you teach yourself this, or did you learn it from someone?

8. Please post some poetry on here :) I'd love for you to get published!

Martha Elaine Belden said...

HAHHAA!!

you're adorable. i want to read your poem.

Cara said...

1. Oh wow, I think the harp is one of the most beautiful instruments, Britt.
2. I want to learn how to knit. You and Kelly impress me.
3. Hah, I'm glad Kelly mentioned the pun, or it might have been lost on me.
4. So cool and interesting
5. Have you ever seen Best in Show? It's a mocumentary about dog shows. It's hilarious; you'd probably love it.
6. Tonks? I want to hear this story.
7. This sounds interesting. I'd like to learn more about it.
8. I would love to read the poem you have in mind.
9. I would just settle for being fluent in two or three languages. It would be so neat to understand many languages, though.
10. Hah! This is a hilarious picture for some reason.