Saturday, January 03, 2009

Happy New Year, everyone!

I admired Cara's list of things she did in 2008. I'd like to write a similar list, but it's hard to remember everything and especially verbalize it. I think so many of my blog friends are much better writers than I am. Some people are more verbal, but I'm a visual person. Pictures often express so much more about me than words, which is why I should try to develop this mode of expression more in myself.

I also want to thank all of you, my friends. I don't think I could have done 2008 without you.

Goals for 2009:

~Exercise regularly (30 minutes 3x/week). Lose the thighs. Work the abs. Take my vitamins.
~Get my adult life on a good track. (More later on this.)
~Take a roadtrip with wonderful friends. Document it with photographs and videos. (Anyone have a camcorder? haha)
~Go to Europe? Take that pilgrimage (El Camino de Santiago)?
~Try my hand at photography maybe, since I'm no good at regularly producing fine art.
~Write a poem now and then.
~Graduate May 2009, whooo!
~Get a big girl job.
~Figure out who I am a little more.
~Make the world a more beautiful place.
~Drink a little less.
~Be myself more. Be real with people. Be the girl men would give both their balls to be with, and not just 'cause she's hot.
~Keep my big mouth shut more.
~Be happy as much as possible and hopefully pass it on to others. : )

3 comments:

Sil said...

You can achieve many of your goals by fulfilling one dream - walking el camino de Santiago!

1) You will Exercise regularly - every day for at least a month.
2) Lose the thighs. Work the abs. Take my vitamins.
3) Get my adult life on a good track as you become more indepenent.
4)Go to Europe? Take that pilgrimage (El Camino de Santiago) Yep! That's the one.
5) Try your hand at photography - gorgeous scenery, stunning villages, you can't help take beautiful photographs!
6) Write a poem - you will wax lyrical on the trail!
7) Figure out who I am a little more. Oh yeah! You will learn a lot about yourself and what you are capable of.
8) Make the world a more beautiful place - Just by being there with all the other pilgrims.
9) Drink a little less - sure, can't drink and hike but a little Vibo tinto won't hurt!
10) Be myself more. Be real with people. No option on the camino - you and others will see the real you.
11) Be the girl men would give both their balls to be with, and not just 'cause she's hot. Mmm? The guys might be too damned tired to want to ball you girl!
12) Keep my big mouth shut more. You'll be too tired to be cheeky.
13) Be happy as much as possible and hopefully pass it on to others. That is what el camino is all about!
You go girl! The camino is waiting for you.
Hugs,
Sil

Singing Redbird said...

Love this post, Britt. I'll be happy to travel with you this summer. I'll finally have some sort of savings to burn!

Glamourpuss said...

That's a good list. I am sure you will achieve. Here's to a productive 2009.

Puss