Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Today has been a rollercoaster.  I didn't actually cry nor have reason to cry, but I felt a lot of ups and downs today (maybe the general term for this is PMS?  Haha, j/k).

This morning Shawn woke me up with a phone call straight from the doctor's office to tell me he didn't have to have surgery.  This was a sigh of relief in so many ways.  But mostly relief because I know how much he hates crutching around.  And I also believe that if you don't have to cut open the body, then don't.  Maybe the body never fully heals from this.  But the day was off to a beautiful, if groggy, start.

Then I went to Audiology class, my hardest class.  No matter how much I study, I can't seem to succeed how I want to succeed in that class!  I always do poorer than I think I will, and the neurotic, frazzled Speech-Pathology majors in there heighten my stress level by at least 15%.  Just by sitting near them.  

But then it was so lovely outside I forgot all about tests and finals looming and thousands of projects due next week, and went to an art store to just snoop around for a bit.  They sell these stuffed dolls of famous painters.  For over a year I've secretly and desperately wanted the Vincent van Gogh one because HE HAS A VELCRO DETACHABLE EAR.  I hadn't been in the store since the last time I lusted over him, but the one Vincent they had left was missing the detachable ear!  : (  So that would not do, and he didn't come home with me.  But I still had fun just looking at the art supplies.  I think I could happily lay in the middle of an art store for hours, just looking at the paints and brushes and canvases and easels and imagining myself being a world-class painter painting her way across the globe...

Then Shawn and I went to another art store (more bliss!) and had lunch.  It had its ups and downs which I could write a thousand posts about, but it was mostly ups.

Then I worked on a project and the stress descended upon me like a black fog.  Then off to class, then I realize, almost in passing, that I usually relate better to guys than girls, but have very few guy friends (mostly because I worry that they just want to date me and not really be my friend); then back home and several messages and a sweet gift on facebook, then more project, then ELATION!!  Project finished!  There is something so satisfying and uplifting about finishing a monumental project.  Even nearly crashing into a car on my way to my parents couldn't quench it, although my heart just about spewed out of my throat.

Then a nice walk with parents and my sweet, lovable little dog.  I LOVE my little dog.  Because she pretends to hate me but will run and hide behind my legs when mom calls her.  (Mom smothers her.  And jogs her.  And gives her an inhumane number of treats every day.)  And dad and I talked for an hour about how to get rich fast.  We basically decided that when one of us figures out how to do it, we'll call the other.  Yet articles about millionaires before 30 never cease to fascinate me.  There is this book by one at Barnes & Noble I really want to buy called "The 4-Hour Workweek."  I want to buy the book, not the millionaire.  Although I won't tell you my thoughts about buying a millionaire, except I'd like to believe that people who marry for money earn it.  But that's probably not true.  Women probably just tell you that so they can hog all the millionaires to themselves.

Then home and java chip ice cream and popcorn and my roommate tells me she'll probably go study abroad next spring.  So I don't know if I'm going to live in my house another year.

But it'll all be okay.  Sometimes you just have to live life one day at a time.  

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I also love to hang out in art stores. just wandering up and down the aisles, running my fingers all over the merchandise. I can't go too often because the OMG COVET!!! urge is too strong, and its depressing to not be able to buy something. I covet the complete Holbein Oil Pastel set. $150.00. :(
and an easel.
and a flat file.
and more canvases...jugs of paint...oooh a paint brush!!...OMG COVET!

le sigh.

Rachel said...

I love how excited you get. :)