Thursday, April 24, 2008

In search of the elusive "chic spot"...

A new place in town has opened that I believe would fully qualify as a "chic spot."  (!!!!)  In the past I have resisted applying to several of my own favorite "chic spots" for fear that being there so often would take away a bit of their chicness.  You obviously don't want to go hang out with your friends at the place you work.  But this place seems to be exactly the kind of place I'm looking for:  sells drinks (you make better tips this way), but also sells food (keeps the place from attracting large numbers of ravaging drunk people), and has a fun, chic atmosphere and friendly, personable staff that I can easily become friends with.  I'm not sure if the last one about atmosphere is true, but judging from the place it's located, I could see this being my ideal kind of place to work.  Another perk of working there would be that it is only open part of the week, so it would leave me with plenty of time for classes.  Wish me luck, friends, as I go to scope it out today!  : D

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I wish I could work in spaces like this, but I find the crowds too overwhelming.

Congrats on your newfound discovery!

crackers and cheese said...

Good luck on the scoping and possibly application/interview process! It does sound like a fun place to work :) I definitely understand not wanting to work at your favorite place. Starbucks is one of my favorite places, but fortunately there are so many locations that I could just go hang out at a different store besides the one that I worked at.

Martha Elaine Belden said...

best of luck to you!
keep us updated... and maybe put up some pictures of said chic place :)

i like to look at pictures of chic-ness.