Friday, September 26, 2008

Happy Things:
~puppies
~finding good songs
~dreams
~singing along to Jewel
~homemade vanilla ice cream (I don't care what you say, the best homemade is always vanilla!)
~spending time with Shawn
~traveling
~reading books about exciting interests
~discovering fun new hobbies and interests
~creativity
~watching That 70's Show

Sad Things:
~not having dreams; feeling adrift
~job situation looking bleak, although it is only September
~the economy
~not laughing enough and not knowing what to do about it
~feeling like there are so many obstacles to something you desperately want to pursue
~5 tests in 2 weeks

I'm glad I can think of more happy than sad things.  Why do I let the sad things bog me down so much?  But I think there's truth to the saying that thinking of 5 things to be happy about before you go to bed does wonders.

3 comments:

crackers and cheese said...

I like your happy list :) It made me happy too!

Carly said...

I like your lists.

If you're worried about not laughing enough, you should just watch the funniest movie you own. Cause you definitely need to laugh.

And on my happy list would be Bright Eyes' album "I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning" which I downloaded because you told me to and it's now one of my favorite albums ever. Thank you so much for recommending it!!!

Cara said...

Hm, it's time for me to make another happy list.