Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas Fave Fours

Four Favorite Christmas Songs
I try to make a mental list of this every year and am never quite satisfied.  
1. Oh, Holy Night
2. Carol of the Bells
3. Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree
4. Let It Snow
5. Silent Night

Christmas Songs I Could Do Without Hearing Next Year
This list proves significantly longer, though there are few outstandingly nauseating ones.  I am easily made sick of Christmas music (yes, what a grinch!).
1. I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas
2. Santa Baby
3. Jingle Bells (so worn out, especially in child Batman renditions)

Favorite Christmas Movies
1. A Family Stone
2. How the Grinch Stole Christmas (animated version)
3. Elf
4. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (claymation)

Foods I Eat Each Christmas
1. Pie
2. Ham
3. Iced Sugar Cookies, family recipe and hand-decorated
4. Stuffing (mmmm!)

Favorite Christmas Traditions
1. Decorating said Iced Hand-Decorated Sugar Cookies with family and friends
2. Cooking with Mom
3. Caroling (we don't really do this, but I'd like to do it again)
4. Playing the elf and passing out everyone's presents
5. Having my cousins come to visit

Four Things I Got For Christmas This Year
1. A lovely new pea coat with a tiny black & white pattern from Shawn
2. The book Acrylic Revolution and a field easel from Shawn
3. A book on the grammatical intricacies of American Sign Language
4. A huge tub of margarita mix and rim salt along with a bottle of Jose Cuervo tequila from Shawn's sister!


5 comments:

Martha Elaine Belden said...

oh... i love your answers :)

i'm glad you had a merry christmas!

crackers and cheese said...

Carol of the Bells almost made my list! There's just so many good Christmas songs :) I mean, for every "Santa Baby," there's at least a half-dozen gems.

I don't know about you, but when I watch movies like The Family Stone and Dan in Real Life, they really make me wish that I wasn't an only child!

I want to see you in this lovely peacoat :)

crackers and cheese said...

Hmm, I don't think Dan in Real Life was during Christmas - I think that it was just an annual multi-day family reunion sorta deal.

Cara said...

attention everyone: the peacoat is awesome! i've seen it; i should know.

i really like that rudolph claymation too.

Cara said...

haha, every time i think of that claymation, i think, "i want to be a dentist." i love that little elf!