Monday, September 10, 2007

In this moment, I feel so very happy. For starters, I've had loads and loads of this creative energy exploding inside of me. I don't know where it's coming from, but I've been having a heyday writing. I even drew tonight for the first time in months. The thing you must know about drawing and me is that it resonates within the deepest part of me, but it also is one of the most vulnerable parts of me. I feel like it is possibly my ultimate form of expression, and yet, I am the most scared of it. While writing is fairly hidden on the page and you have to dive into it to understand and judge it, drawing and painting is immediately there, vulnerable for the world to see. You can rate it in a second. And that scares me shitless, but it also thrills me. So I want to work more on drawing and painting as well as writing. (Writing is more comfortable, like a dear, old friend.)

And my subject tonight, haha. I drew an older Albert Einstein upside down! (Drawing things upside down is easier than right side up!) I love the faces of the elderly. The shadowy wrinkles, mmm, they tell so much.

2 comments:

Cara said...

you are very talented, britt. i love the way you describe writing. i wish i saw it like that. it rather intimidates me, though.

Krystal Dawn said...

when you say draw upside down do you mean you hand upside down and draw or do you mean you drew the picture so that it looked upside down?
If you were upside down when you drew it then that would be a much better story.
I used to lay upside down and look at a room and try to gain a new perspective on it.