Friday, August 24, 2007

Devirginization of the Hookah

Tonight was the rather infamous night that I gave the old hookah (bought in Granada, Spain) her first firing-up. And girl, was it wonderful! It was far more intense than any previous hookah-ing, the "real deal" if you will. ^^ I definitely felt this one. Maybe it was because I'd had previous practice. ; ) (Cigars + Venice, yikes!) I will definitely have to bring the old girl with me when I come to visit so that all you Texans can experience her wonders. Wish you could've been there. My friend Rob, whom you probably remember for his, ahem, experience with these things, helped us figure out how to get her loaded up and such, complete with the vase full of apple juice instead of water, and the top full of apple tobacco, mmm. It was such a good night, so simple and full of laughter. Especially since beforehand we went to my favorite little posh bar that has the funky-cool atmosphere, with sofas and colored lights. It was quite the fun Thursday evening, definitely just the ticket after a long first week of classes.

2 comments:

Martha Elaine Belden said...

i LOVE LOVE LOVE the hookah. and YES you have to bring it to texas and invite me!!

i'll totally smoke it up with ya ;)

p.s. sounds like a super fun evening. i'm jealous.

Cara said...

mm, cigars in venice. one day...