Sunday, May 13, 2007

Facebook Confession

Earlier this evening I was looking through someone's facebook pictures. They have been a distant (yet strangely close) part of my life for a very long time. I think I grew jealous and started getting even a little depressed as I was looking through those pictures, seeing what a good time this person was having, yet all at the same time I was happy that they looked happy. Then, for some reason, I started looking through my own pictures. As it turned out, it looked like I was having just as much fun, if not more, than the people I was getting jealous about!

Isn't our humanity such a funny thing? How we get jealous over the highlights of others' lives meanwhile failing to be content and even being blind to the joy positively engulfing us?!

Tonight I feel happy. In fact, even though today has been up and down, it has been a healthy up and down. And there are just so many things to be happy and joyous and content about. : )

And I don't know where I'm going tomorrow, but I'd like to go there smiling.

2 comments:

Cara said...

ah, facebook. i have a love/hate relationship with her. these online things can be so weird, and i definitely struggle with using them positively (i.e. not scrolling through photos and getting jealous). anyway, we could have a long conversation about this. which reminds me.. i need to call you back! good luck with your finals this week, and we'll talk soon.

Martha Elaine Belden said...

i'm so happy you're happy.

what a great observation.