Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Britt's Four Steps to a Fabulous Life:

1. Be happy.  Sometimes I feel this is harder for me than for other people.  I'm working on it.
2. Find someone who makes you come alive and laugh often.  And who is just as happy taking you out to dance the night away as he is to quietly sit by the fire with a glass of red wine, reading a book and holding you close.
3. Doing a deeply fulfilling career that helps people.
4. Making a positive influence on as many lives as possible; making anyone's life brighter if you can.

I wish I was doing all four of those steps in my life right now, but I recognize the absence of several of those steps.  I guess there are waiting phases in life, too.  I'll just keep telling myself that.  In truth, life is okay right now, but I feel like it could be a lot better.  For starters, I feel that I'll never be blissfully happy while I'm in school.  School is not my best environment emotionally.  Yet I realize the importance of school in terms of it getting me what I want for the rest of my life.  What is 5 more years of subpar happiness compared to a lifetime of doing something you love?  I just don't know what or if there's anything I can change to make it better, or if I need to just wait it out.  I'm at quite a crossroads in more ways than one, and some of the decisions are proving to be very difficult to make.  Remind me, how do normal agnostic people make major life decisions?  : P

What are your four steps to a fabulous life?  I might even allow you five.  ; )

No comments: