Sunday, November 18, 2007

The State of the Universe

Today my roommates and I had our "family Thanksgiving."  When we first moved into our house, we planned on getting a "family portrait" taken, framed, and prominently displayed on the mantle.  That never happened, but we still do "family" stuff like host a Thanksgiving for our friends.

Oh, and my hair is RED now.  Not red.  RED.  And short.  I'm talking pretty pixie.  It is pretty much its own living entity at the moment, living and functioning separately from my body.  I've had more than one person say I look like an elf.  I'll take that as a good thing.  It was kind of a spur of the moment decision.  And I almost cried about it yesterday, and even called several old hair stylists to see if they could die it back blonde for me.  I'm not sure that I won't still do that.  Tomorrow.  We'll see how I feel in the morning.  It is just so unusual for me.  And I would post pics, but the friggin photo link isn't working.  

Lately I've been in a very shy mood.  I don't really like to say hi to people I know passing on the sidewalk, even though I know it's polite.  So when I changed my hair drastically, I've been getting all kinds of attention for it.  It's kind of weird for me to not like attention, being an only child.  It's all been really positive attention, too.  People are silly sometimes, getting in funky moods that last months.  Or maybe it's just a new facet of who I am--someone who doesn't like to be in the spotlight.  We'll see.    

2 comments:

crackers and cheese said...

Awww, my classmates and I had our own Thanksgiving dinner tonight too :) Oh my goodness, I'm trying to picture you with red hair. Yay for trying new things! Post some pictures soon!

Martha Elaine Belden said...

let us know what you decide... but i like the red pixie.

and i'd take the elf comments as compliments, too. i wanna be an elf!!