Sunday, April 01, 2007

Attack of the Pterodactyl

So it's quiet in the night and I am studying by lamplight (no, not really, I just said that for effect) and I hear this horrible noise directly behind me. You know, the kind that immediately makes you arch your back, jump out of the chair, and scream at the top of your lungs, all in .239 second. Apparently somebody let a young pteradactyl in the house, and seeing as how they are friendly creatures, it decided to follow me into my room. A person of ADD mind processes at times (or maybe just apathy, laziness if you will), I settle back into studying after swift cardio shock treatment for the heart attack I just experienced. The bird dive bombs my head! I shriek in terror once, twice, multiple times as it literally CHASES ME AROUND THE ROOM. Being the sensitive, caring soul that I am, I immediately reach for my slipper but then remember my New Year's resolution to have kind intentions toward all things living. Actually, I just didn't want to get fly juice on my wall. Okay, okay, and I just can't stand killing stuff. So, summoning up my metaphysical psychic powers, I close my eyes and will it to FLY TOWARD ME. Just as I wonder if it would actually work, the green beast is RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY FACE! Elliciting, a final shriek, I run out the door. The bugger actually follows me into the hall. In a fit of desperation, I madly dash back into my room and slam the door.

Bug situation solved.

4 comments:

RC said...

how funny.

as a side note, i hate the ptera...whatever is spelled.

what's wrong with starting it with a "T"

oh well. so goes english.

crackers and cheese said...

Wow, what resolve to remember your New Year's resolution in the face of danger! And though it drove me crazy trying to figure out what exactly was attacking you, I love how you go from "pteradactyl" to "bird" to "bug" in one paragraph. It certainly captures the way our imaginations can run away from us when we're alarmed and in panic!

Martha Elaine Belden said...

hahahah... that's awesome.

hahahahaha... i'm still laughing.

Cara said...

i plove that pterodactyl pstars with a p. i pthink that more pwords should do pso.

on another note, i just thought of a fifth thing to add to my list of recent semester highlights.

5. Eating dinner with Britt at that Lebonese restaurant and smoking the hookah with her and being real and knowing that I was loved.

Love you, Britt. Hope you have a great Easter weekend.