Monday, August 11, 2008

First of all, I have the best puppy in the world.  Already she barely cries at night anymore, is recognizing her name, and is getting good at coming when called.  Only one accident inside.  She is a total sweetheart, giving kisses to everybody.  She'll just sleep in my lap when I'm on the computer (like right now), but is really playful most of the time.  Even Shawn's heart of steel is starting to crumble, and she's the best person, er, dog in the world for cheering you up or to get your cuteness munchies on.  You know, when you have to just kiss something all over because it's so irresistably cute!  

Second, I'm on this extreme social kick.  When I am not in human presence, I immediately start to feel lonely.  Granted, puppies help to curb the loneliness, but I still get lonely quite often.  Not sure what to do about it.  Start a new hobby?  Except I'm no good at sticking to hobbies.  I have probably 19 hobbies that I've started at some point but then have lost interest in them in a week.  I feel a bit sensitive and thin-skinned right now, too.  Not taking criticism well.  I need to work on not viewing criticism as a personal failure, but rather as room to improve.  

Third, I'm proud at my succeeding efforts to think positively.  It makes life so much better.  Around this time last year, I believe, I started reading the book The Happiness Makeover.  One of its key points is positive thought (among many other jewels of wisdom; HIGHLY recommend it to anyone).  I'm proud at how far I've come.  

Fourth, I feel like my ability to make decisions is paralyzed at the moment.  For some reason I'm stressing over having no real plan upon graduation.  I'm reminded of how much I've wanted to travel in the past.  Except there's no place I just have to move and no job I just have to do.  New York is okay and London would be fun, so would New Zealand or California or wherever.  I feel a bit apathetic.  This bugs the heck out of me to not have a plan.  And then fitting Shawn into it is even harder, and that's a whole other topic I probably shouldn't discuss online.

Fifth, I REALLY don't want to start school.  : (

Sixth, but life is still good.  It has its ups and downs, but there's nothing I can't face, and maybe even enjoy the highlights and the little things that make it all worthwhile. 


3 comments:

Rachel said...

Wow, you have left a lot of stuff to comment upon!

First: Im so glad LuLu is melding well with you, thats important.

Second: Im right where you are. I feel lonely, unless I'm with someone: and none of my hobbies are interesting to me anymore--I just want to be with people who appreicate me. This too, though, will pass.

Third: Accentuate the positive is what I always say to myself. I even

Forth: Choose NEW YORK! YAY!

Fifth: school will be over sooner than you think, and afterwards, you will miss it. So enjoy it. accentuate the positive!

Sixth: When life is good, it is good. All the little bads dont matter.

Martha Elaine Belden said...

aww... your little LuLu is so adorable! i hope i get to meet her someday.

sorry i suck so bad at blogging and keeping up with your (and others') blog.

i'm the same as you when it comes to hobbies. i don't stick with stuff for very long. it's sort of depressing.

glad you're feeling happy and positive :)

Cara said...

1. Mm, I want a puppy, and I'm so glad you have Lulu (:

2. I think it's okay to start and stop new hobbies. Maybe your hobby is to have hobbies. If you ever figure out a way to take criticsm well, please let me know, but be gentle.

4. Maybe we don't have to worry so much about making our plans because maybe there's already a plan for us, and we just have to keep moving forward. I didn't exactly plan on Florida.

5. Ahh! Attack of the SENIORITIS!!