Friday, May 01, 2009

a poem for the swingers, a poem for the playgirls of the universe:

I like women who haven't lived with too many men or 
had too many one night stands.
I don't expect a virgin but I simply prefer a woman
who hasn't been rubbed dry by experience.

There is a quality about women who have chosen 
men sparingly;
it appears in their walk
in their eyes
in their laughter and in
their gentleness.

Women who have had many men
seem to choose each next
out of vengeance rather than 
feeling.

When one plays the field, one works against 
all purposes:
one can't create love or 
art.
You're finally left with the same 
commodity
you have given:
nothing. 

Some human beings are delicate things,
some human beings are delicious and wondrous 
things.

If you want to piss on the sun,
go ahead
but leave them
alone.

****

This is lovely.

I don't know where my friend got this; he said he stumbled it.

"If you want to piss on the sun, 
go ahead
but leave them 
alone."

2 comments:

Singing Redbird said...

I can't read it and when I click on it, it doesn't enlarge.

Martha Elaine Belden said...

i really like this.

and sorry i haven't responded to your sweet message yet... i've been so busy and just haven't sat down to do it. but i'm here, and i'm well, and i'll respond soon :)

hugs!