Sunday, June 03, 2007

United Methodist Women

Today at a church I visited they had posted something on that large white screen up front. You know, the one we've all grown to know and love.

"You are invited to a program on Gang Awareness. The United Methodist Women will have refreshments available at 6:30."

I mean, goodness forbid that just any old women should provide refreshments after a Gang Awareness program! We better leave this one to the pros. If you have ANY concerns about the quality of your food, you can rest assured that it has been lovingly and sanitarily prepared by none other than the United Methodist Women.

I will sleep easy tonight. : )


*Cara, please don't take this as a sign of disrespect toward United Methodists--to the contrary, I thought it was adorable!

4 comments:

Cara said...

haha, no disrespect taken.

crackers and cheese said...

Sweet! I wanna come! But you know, Baptists throw the best potlucks. It is physically impossible to leave a Baptist fellowship hungry. Oh, and Catholics have incredible fishfries - so I'm told.

I got your message today! Have a safe flight, and I will be emailing you soon. I love you and can't wait to see you in just a couple of weeks!

Martha Elaine Belden said...

heehee... that's hilarious.

aww... united methodist women. cara and her homebaked cookies are well on their way.

crackers and cheese said...

Hey there! I didn't figure you'd be keeping up with blogs much while in Spain :) See you soon!